Today’s ideas for tomorrow’s culture. We are Europe has been selected by Creative Europe as one of 16 large-scale cooperations. Project leader is Arty Farty from Lyon. Eight European partners (TodaysArt / Bright Collisions, Nuits sonores / European Lab, Resonate, Insomnia, Elevate, c/o pop, Sónar and Reworks) organizing a large music festival and a professional forum on the theme of evolution and the future of culture, are part of this beautiful adventure.
We are Europe has been selected by Creative Europe as one of 16 large-scale cooperations (ranking 3rd on 127 projects applied). Project leader is Arty Farty from Lyon, the organization behind European Lab and Nuits Sonores. Eight European partners organizing a large music festival and a professional forum on the theme of evolution and the future of culture, are part of this beautiful adventure.
We are Europe is the newly-created association of 8 major European events joining forces in order to promote, create and produce innovative cultural practices, defined by creative diversity and exchanges. Our common project aims to develop a prospective vision of electronic culture, technology and entrepreneurship, contributing to new social and political developments with an interdisciplinary approach.
In the next three years each partner festival will invite two partner festivals to collaborate on both a symposium program as well as an artistic program.
The partner festivals of We are Europe are:
– TodaysArt / Bright Collisions (The Hague)
– Nuits sonores / European Lab (Lyon)
– Resonate (Belgrade)
– Insomnia Festival (Tromsø)
– Elevate Festival (Graz)
– c/o pop Festival / c/o pop Convention (Cologne)
– Sónar Festival / Sónar+D (Barcelona)
– Reworks Festival (Thessaloniki)
TodaysArt is a founding member of SHAPE (Sound, Heterogeneous Art and Performance in Europe) – a platform for popularizing innovative music and audio-visual art.
It consists of 16 festivals and art centres and aims to support, promote and exchange innovative and aspiring musicians and interdisciplinary artists with an interest in sound. SHAPE attempts to present a variety of idiosyncratic music and sonic art from all over Europe, and provide audiences and professionals with insightful lectures, talks and workshops by experts in various fields related to sound and performance.
Each year, the 16 involved associations will collectively choose 48 creatively strong artists and musicians to participate in a mix of live performances, residencies, workshops and talks across festivals and special events.
SHAPE is a three-year initiative, co-funded by the Creative Europe program of the European Union.
The member festivals and art centres of SHAPE are:
– Biennale Némo / Arcadi – Paris, FR
– CTM Festival / DISK – Berlin, DE
– CYNETART Festival / TMA Hellerau – Dresden, DE
– Festival Maintenant / Electroni[K] – Rennes, FR
– Insomnia Festival – Tromso, NO
– Les siestes électroniques – Toulouse, FR
– MeetFactory – Prague, CZ
– MoTA – Museum for Transitory Art – Ljubljana, SI
– musikprotokoll / ORF – Graz, AT
– RIAM Festival / Technè – Marseilles, FR
– Rokolectiv Festival – Bucharest, RO
– Schiev Festival – Brussels, BE
– Skaņu Mežs Festival / Association – Riga, LV
– TodaysArt.NL Festival – The Hague, NL
– UH Fest – Budapest, HU
– Unsound Festival – Krakow, PL